Family First; A Trip to Central Java

Hey guys, back at it again. Today I'm going to tell you guys about my holiday, it's been a while since I wrote a blog, so here it is my story of my 2 weeks holiday.
powerpoint

22nd of December 2019 
It was the start of my holiday, my family and i already planned our holiday to be at our grandma's village, so every year my mother's family celebrate family gatherings which will be held during the holidays such as Eids or Christmas & New Year, and sometimes other holidays. Since my mother's family are mostly catholic we also have a gathering in Christmas, we'll have a feast together and explore the village.

 This year the celebration is a bit different than the usual, since my family became the host family of an exchange student from Australia, we had to take her explore the village more, try more Javanese culinary and tradition and obviously introduce her to more of Indonesian culture.
My Grandma live in a small village called Bandungan, which located in a city called Ambarawa, Central Java.

We went there by a car, which made it one of the most remarkable road trip. In order to reach there we had to pass several cities which I won't lie the cities has a really great landscape view, though sometimes the road is a bit dirty, there would be trash everywhere, but despite of that everything was so good to see and thank God that we traveled in the best weather condition possible, It was dry but also humid. We saw the scenery across the way, up until we reached the place. It was midnight so, we went straight to bed.


23rd of December 2019
The second day, my aunt went to the house and asked my sisters and I to come explore the north mountain. When I was a kid I used to came here a lot and my sisters and I would go to the mountains just to ride a horse, but now the mountains are filled with markets, hotels and people walking around it, which makes it an uneasy access for a horse to pass by, that's why the horse riding area is being moved to another place that's further. This is a sad thing for me, cause for me the best way to enjoy a mountain view is by a relaxing horse riding. But that's okay at least we went somewhere else. Eventually we went to a place called kopeng which we thought we would arrive in this instragramable  hiking forest spot, turns out we came to the wrong place and found this children outbound place which we couldn't enjoy, cause all of us now are older than 12 years old, but it's okay at least we took some pictures and the view is quite nice. After kopeng, we went to a cafe called kopi soe, which we let ourselves enjoy a nice cup of coffe together, well in my place tea is better.


24th of December 2019
The next day arrived, we were just chilling having breakfast and preparing for the day. On this day my family and I were going hunting for Javanese culinary, near my grandma's village there's this other village that specialized in selling Durians, while I'm not a fan of Durian (I can't stand the smell of it) my family loves it so much, so that's why it's the main thing that they wanted to visit. They went hunting for durian for hours and hours just to bargain the price, we went around the village and finally found one durian store, All of my family except me and my sister Putri went there and bought the durian. In the end we went home with a lot of durian.




25th of December 2019
Christmas day arrived, my grandmother had a lot of guests that day, mostly little kids. There was a christmas theatre in the church near the house. The little kids were doing their makeup for the performance in my grandma's house. They all looked so lovely. My cousins were also performing at the church. Both of them are so talented and yet I'm proud of them. After the christmas morning hype, we had a trip to Yogyakarta to visit my father's sister, we were planning to stay there for 4 days. The travel was so long, I slept the whole day in the car.


26th of December 2019
First day in Yogyakarta, I woke up with stomachache but somehow it's okay. The plan for that day was a trip to mirota batik (hamzah batik) which was one of my childhood place. When I was a kid my sisters and I would visit this place to look for cute and unique crafts and bracelet and most importantly batik, we remember every corner of the place and sometimes we would play hide an seek there too, we would also eat in the restaurant beside mirota. As usual, I came there with my family and look for souvenirs and for some reasons everytime we came there we would end up with a bunch of postcards which obviously is vintage and cool.




27th of December 2019
Second day in Yogyakarta, we went to Malioboro and bought a lot of stuff, and somehow end up in keraton and tried a bunch of food, my favourite is the noodle.


28th of December 2019
Third day was my favourite cause I visited Ullen Sentalu Museum which had this ancient royals collection which i like they were all so grand and genuinely authentic which I love. The museum was so anciently elegant which was so remarkable. In the museum they told you a lot about the Mataram Islam Kingdom and ancient Javanese culture. We took some pictures in some place that were allowed. After the museum, we went to the Merapi Museum, which was so good for you that likes geoscience cause it's all about it. They have this medium sized replica of the actual mountain inside the museum, which was so cool.


29th of December 2019
Fourth day was a trip back to Ambarawa. and then after that we packed our bags and the next day we went back to Bandung safe and sound, we also did a short visit the prambanan temple the next day.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Adventure Meets Glamour